Washingtonians can make a difference – especially in the lives of at-risk children. Join Dining in DC and other community members in supporting the local DC Chapter of Childhelp® on October 15 at the Great Falls Tavern.
Childhelp is one of the nation’s oldest and largest nonprofits dedicated to helping victims of child abuse and neglect.
On Wednesday, October 15, 2009, members of the local DC chapter of Childhelp will be Guest Bartenders for the night at the Tavern at Great Falls in Great Falls, VA. Beginning at 6 p.m., Childhelp will kick off their First Annual Oktoberfest. Festivities include live entertainment and a special Oktoberfest brew! 10% of your drink tickets and all of your generous tips benefit the children of Childhelp!
Since 1959, Childhelp® has been meeting the physical, emotional and educational needs of abused, neglected and at-risk children. We focus our efforts on advocacy, prevention, treatment and community outreach.
On Saturday, February 20, 2010 at the Sheraton Premiere in Tysons Corner, Childhelp will hold their 5th Annual Fashion show, to highlight the newest spring fashions for women, teens and children, while raising funds to support Childhelp’s local programs with this year’s theme, “Touching Hearts, Changing Lives”. The show will feature: Guest Host, Rebecca Cooper, from WJLA7 and Washington Business Tonight and special Guest Speaker – Connie Benadetto, a former Childhelp Village child and a stong and spirited survivor.
The Washington Area Chapter of Childhelp makes a substantial impact to area neglected and abused children each year, with help from Members, Sponsors and Volunteers.
- $100,000 in fundraising alone provides 20,000 hotline calls.
- Bring joy to over 240 children each year through parties and time with the kids at our Virginia centers.
- Create awareness to nearly 1,000 people each year.
- Provide necessities to three familes annually going through Child Protective Services with much-needed items to include: furniture, clothing, pots and pans and toys.
- Collect over 300 holiday gifts for the Village children through the Angel Tag program.
- Provide administrative assistance when needed at our Virginia centers.
- Provide auction items for the Center conference.
- Facilitate dental care to about 30 Village and Center children.
- Provide mentoring, tutoring and buddy time for the children at the Center and Village.
- Facilitate message of hope to the area kids through inspirational life coach speeches.
- Provide Art-Therapy supplies to the Village.
- Provide hundreds of books for the Villagenatoque.
For more info: The Tavern at Great Falls is located at 9835 Georgetown Pike Great Falls, Virginia 22066. Ph: 703.757.4770